For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.

Psalm 139: 13-18

Our Leo


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.

1 Samuel 1:27-28

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Packing away the tears....

I sit in this rocking chair, gazing upon what would have been your nursery.
I think of all I had planned, all we had prepared.
I sold all the girl stuff I owned... We had gotten our wish, we were having a son!
You aren't here though.
Drawer upon drawer of tiny baby boy clothing.
Packing up your essence breaks my heart.
My mom is here, my best friend is here.
As tears stream down my face, 
I carefully fold each piece of layette as though it was as fragile as glass.
I find the tiny football themed sleeper I bought especially for you.
I imagine what it would have been like to see you in this precious garment.
You aren't here.
The realization hits me hard, as I rock back and forth in rhythm to my falling tears.
I find the blue blanket I bought.
Sunlight casts its glory across my lap as I cling to this blanket. 
You were supposed to come home in this blanket.
But you aren't coming home.
I pack up my heart that day. Bag upon bag of blue baby things.
Bag upon bag of items to return.
I find the tiny blue soft teething doll we got for you. I cling to it.
I take this doll with me wherever I go... for the first 3 weeks.
It is all I have. 
I painfully have to explain to clerks in the stores why I am returning these items.
I bluntly blurt out that you died. 
That we were expecting you in October, but you arrived in July.
That you didn't make it.
I ruin their day with my story. It pains me to share.
What else do I say?
Those days of packing away what was supposed to be, changed my world
forever.
I'll always remember how I felt. I'll always remember the hole left in my heart.
I'll always long for you to be in my arms.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I will always remember that day, the day packed all of the boy things away and tears we all had. This has been such a hard experience to go through with you my daughter. All we wanted is for you to have a happy life but life isn't always happy. I will never know the true extent of your pain but I am here for you always, always.. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God continue to comfort you and keep you in his loving hands. What a difficult journey you've been on, but God's strength is shining thru. Thank you for being transparent and sharing this with us. Love you, Aunt Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you stopped by. I realize this is a very personal thing for you and I am a perfect stranger. My heart is broken for you, just broken. Please know that I am lifting you up in prayer. My prayer is that God continues to give you strength and comfort. I can not imagine your pain. There is comfort in Him and I pray he wraps his loving arms around you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the poem at the bottom of the page. Dropping by from SITS to say, "hello". It is very nice to "meet" you. I'll add your blog to my "follow" list.

    Kindest regards,
    Brook

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and for taking time out of your life to read my post. Many Blessings to you!
~Kellene