For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.

Psalm 139: 13-18

Our Leo


I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.

1 Samuel 1:27-28

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Today marks 27 weeks of pregnancy... And the fear is setting in. Two years ago, little did I know that this 27 weeks mark would be the last milestone I saw in my pregnancy. My Leo was born at 27 weeks and 6 days gestation. My prayers are to make it through this next week healthy and STILL pregnant.

Today marks 27 weeks of pregnancy... And the fear is setting in. Two years ago, little did I know that this 27 weeks mark would be the last milestone I saw in my pregnancy. My Leo was born at 27 weeks and 6 days gestation. My prayers are to make it through this next week healthy and STILL pregnant.

Wednesday is Leo's 2nd birthday. No party to throw, no race cars to wrap, no cake to frost, or candles to blow out. No blissful smiles or big belly laughs. My heart aches as each day goes by, knowing I'll never have these special memories with him.

.. To my sweet son, Leo...
Mommy misses you so much. It is almost your birthday and I can't help but wonder what you would be like if you were here. I imagine you are a busy almost 2 year old who smiles all the time. I see you playing with your sister and scheming with her as only siblings can do. Your little voice loves to tell stories and your kisses melt mommy and daddy's heart. My favorite time of day is bedtime, when we say your prayers together. We dance and sing throughout the day, the four of us so happy.

Two years without you feels like eternity already. Mommy remembers holding your tiny hand and kissing your soft forehead. Every beat of your heart resonates within me. If you were here, I'd try to hold onto you forever.

I know God had other plans for you, and He knows what's best, but I don't think my heart will ever be the same. I believe He has plans for me too, and that these wounds of love and longing are all part of things to come.

Please know mommy loves you today and always. I await the day I see you again, the day I scoop you into my arms, look into your eyes, and know all is okay. Thank you for carving me into who I am today. Though your footprints were small, their impact on my heart has been unmeasurable. Your light shines despite your absence, reminding me of how incredible this world truly is.

You are loved and missed my precious boy...

XOXO,
Mommy


Kellene Maynard, Photographer
(360)518-6837
www.bellaluciaphotography.com
---------------------------------------------
sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and heart wrenching. Prayers and Hugs. Love you, Aunt Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and for taking time out of your life to read my post. Many Blessings to you!
~Kellene